Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Latest Famous Quotations

Famous Quotations:



William Ashley


Better limp all the way to heaven than not get there at all.

California Civil Code, "Maxims of Jurisprudence"


#3537. Superfluity does not vitiate.

Holly Lisle, Fire In The Mist, 1992


The only place you will be accepted is the place you make for yourself.

William Shakespeare, A Comedy of Errors


He that commends me to mine own content
Commends me to the thing I cannot get.

Isaac Newton


I seem to have been like a child playing on the sea shore, finding now and then a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay undiscovered before me.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt


We would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.

Mark Twain


A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.

Denis Watley


Luck happens when oppurtunity encounters the prepared mind.

Claude Adrien Helvetius


There are men whom a happy disposition, a strong desire of glory and esteem, inspire with the same love for justice and virtue which men in general have for riches and honors....But the number of these men is so small that I only mention them in honor of humanity.

Lois McMaster Bujold


A hundred objective measurements didn't sum the worth of a garden only the delight of its users did that. Only the use made it mean something.

Jack Handey Deep Thoughts


I think someone should have had the decency to tell me the luncheon was free. To make someone run out with potato salad in his hand, pretending that he's throwing up, is not what I call hospitality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home