Monday, March 24, 2008

Quotes Update

Today's Quotes:



Lilly Tomlin, as Ernestine the Operator


The phone company handles 84 billion calls a year --- everything from kings, queens, and presidents to the scum of the earth.

Calvin Coolidge


No man ever listened himself out of a job.

John Dryden


Happy the man, and happy he alone,
He, who can call to-day his own:
He who, secure within, can say,
To-morrow do thy worst, for I have lived today.

Edward Teller


Two paradoxes are better than one; they may even suggest a solution.

Titus Maccius Plautus


I am always afraid of your "something shall be done."

Socrates, from Diogenes Laertius, Lives of Eminent Philosophers


There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Driftwood; Table Talk, 1857


Most people would succeed in small things if they were not troubled with great ambitions.

Claiborne Pell


My opponent called me a cream puff. ... Well, I rushed out and got the baker's union to endorse me.

1 Timothy 611 Bible


But thou, O man of God, flee these things and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home