Monday, March 24, 2008

More Quotes

Quotes:



Jimmy Breslin


Rage is the only quality which has kept me, or anybody I have ever studied, writing columns for newspapers.

Louisa May Alcott, Little Women


If people really want to go, and really try all their lives, I think they will get in; for I don�t believe there are any locks on that door, or any guards at the gate. I always imagine it is as it is in the picture, where the shining ones stretch out their hands to welcome poor Christian as he comes up from the river.

Albert Einstein


As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.

Cicero, Pro Publio Sestio


The freedom of poetic license.

Earnest Hemingway


There are only 3 sports, Bullfighting, Motor Racing and Mountain climbing. All the rest are games.

Belva Plain


How helpless we are, like netted birds, when we are caught by desire!

James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937


Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?

Amos Bronson Alcott


Strengthen me by sympathizing with my strength, not my weakness.

H. Jackson Brown Jr.


Believe in miracles but don't depend on them.

Henry Louis Mencken


The typical American of today has lost all the love of liberty, that his forefathers had, and all their disgust of emotion, and pride in self- reliance. He is led no longer by Davy Crocketts he is led by cheer leaders, press agents, word mongers, uplifters.

H Hahn Blavatsky


He who does not care for Heaven but is contented where he is, is already in Heaven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home