Thursday, January 10, 2008

Latest Quotes

Quotes:



Jose Marti


Man has to suffer. When he has no real afflictions, he invents some.

Saul Bellow


In expressing love we belong among the undeveloped countries.

Eric Hoffer


We find it hard to apply the knowledge of ourselves to our judgment of others. The fact that we are never of one kind, that we never love without reservations and never hate with all our being cannot prevent us from seeing others as wholly black or white.

Thomas John Watson, Sr.


Recently, I was asked if I was going to fire an employee who made a mistake that cost the company 600,000. No, I replied, I just spent 600,000 training him. Why would I want somebody to hire his experience

Russell Baker


Is fuel efficiency really what we need most desperatelly? I say that what we really need is a car that can be shot when it breaks down.

George Eliot


Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.

F Scott


Family quarrels are bitter things. They don't go according to any rules. They're not like aches or wounds, they're more like splits in the skin that won't heal because there's not enough material.

Anatole France


To imagine is everything, to know is nothing at all.

Virgil


It is easy to go down into Hell night and day, the gates of dark Death stand wide but to climb back again, to retrace one's steps to the upper air - there's the rub, the task.

Crow, The


T-Bird You know, Lake Eerie actually caught on fire once from all the crap floating around in it. I wish I could've seen that.

Ann Frank, Diary of Ann Frank


I want to go on living even after my death,
And therefore I am grateful to God
For giving this gift�
Of expressing all that is in me.

Benjamin Franklin


Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of.

More Quotes

Quotes | The voters speak

Wed, 09 Jan 2008 16:38:00 GMT
Charlotte.com - "The more I think about it, I was probably a little bit prejudiced at times. But when I see a black man who's risen up, it would put a good face on America for the whole world (to elect him president ...

Quotes about Architecture

Tue, 08 Jan 2008 21:02:00 +0000
All architecture is great architecture after sunset perhaps architecture is really a nocturnal art, like the art of fireworks. - Gilbert Keith Chesterton
In short, the building becomes a theatrical demonstration of its functional ideal. In this romanticism, High-Tech architecture is, of course, no different in spirit-if totally different in form-from all the romantic architecture of ...]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home