Thursday, January 10, 2008

More Famous Quotations

Famous Quotations:



GB Shaw


When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty.

Thomas Paine, Common Sense


When my country, into which I had just set my foot, was set on fire about my ears, it was time to stir. It was time for every man to stir.

Woody Allen


I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me.

Paul S. Winalski


The wine seems to be very closed-in and seems to have entered a dumb stage. Sort of a Marcel Meursault.

Reinhold Niebuhr


Frantic orthodoxy is never rooted in faith but in doubt. It is when we are unsure that we are doubly sure.

Clifton Fadiman


One's first book, kiss, home run, is always the best.

Titus Plautus


Courage in danger is half the battle.

Margo Kaufman


The pug is living proof that God has a sense of humor.

Frank Scully


Why not go out on a limb Isn't that where the fruit is

Dr. Seuss


If you have a brain in your head and feet in your shoes, you can steer youeself in any direction you choose.

More Quotes

Fine silver quotations Tuesday: $16.215 ounce (Canadian Business)

Tue, 08 Jan 2008 17:58:05 GMT
The Canadian Press January 8, 2008 - 12:41 a.m. TORONTO - Handy and Harman fine silver quotations in Canadian dollars: Tuesday $16.215 oz., $521.31 kg.; Monday $15.785 oz., $507.49 kg.

FACTBOX - Quotes from New Hampshire primary candidates (Reuters via Yahoo! UK & Ireland News)

Wed, 09 Jan 2008 04:03:00 GMT
(Reuters) - Republican Sen.

Quotes from the candidates on the NH primary (Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune)

Wed, 09 Jan 2008 04:50:27 GMT
_ "I come tonight with a very, very full heart, and I want especially to thank New Hampshire. Over the last week I listened to you, and in the process, I found my own voice. I felt like we all spoke from our hearts, and I'm so gratified that you responded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home