Saturday, November 01, 2008

Great Famous Quotes

Straight to the Famous Quotes ...



Mark Twain


The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.

Abraham Lincoln


Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.

Christopher Paolini, Author of Eragon and Eldest. Quotes came from Eragon.


I�ll fight when needed, revel when there�s an occasion, mourn when there is grief, and die if my time comes� but I won�t let anyone use me against my will.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


Talk not of wasted affection affection never was wasted.

Rmy de Gourmont


Aesthetic emotion puts man in a state favorable to the reception of erotic emotion. Art is the accomplice of love. Take love away and there is no longer art.

Alan Valentine


For thousands of years, father and son have stretched wistful hands across the canyon of time, each eager to help the other to his side, but neither quite able to desert the loyalties of his contemporaries. The relationship is always changing and hence always fragile nothing endures except the sense of difference.

William Shakespeare


And thus I clothe my naked villainy With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.

Diana Scharf Hunt


Goals are dreams with deadlines.

Cicero


A life of peace, purity, and refinement leads to a calm and untroubled old age.

More Quotes

'The HuMORbid Book': Compilation of Humor, Quotations and Facts about ... - Yahoo Finance

Fri, 31 Oct 2008 12:34:00 GMT
NEW YORK, Oct. 31 /PRNewswire/ -- Death is the common denominator held between us all -- an inevitable fact that we must live with, and a subject given to eloquent musing and dark ...

Title: #120 Kay ..... quotes Eliyahu McLean - Haaretz.com

Sat, 01 Nov 2008 22:34:00 GMT
With all due respect Kay but this Eliyahu McLean sounds about as stable as that other failure Yaakov Sullivan who regularly posts here. AKA Yankele O`Sullivan/Yussuf Sulliman In ...

Your search yielded no results. Please try another keyword - Top News India

Sat, 01 Nov 2008 23:17:00 GMT
Check if your spelling is correct. Remove quotes around phrases to match each word individually: "blue smurf" will match less than blue smurf . Consider loosening your query with ...

Title: #120 Kay ..... quotes Eliyahu McLean - Haaretz.com

Sat, 01 Nov 2008 22:34:00 GMT
With all due respect Kay but this Eliyahu McLean sounds about as stable as that other failure Yaakov Sullivan who regularly posts here. AKA Yankele O`Sullivan/Yussuf Sulliman In ...

1 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is a quote putting me down a great famous quote?
I live as a Shomer Shabbos Jew in Yerushalayim. It`s not Derech Eretz, kavodik, to say what Aryeh Ben Yisrael did about me, if he doesn't know me....yes, we the Jewish people come from all kinds of backrounds, and we have come home to Eretz Yisrael, kibbutz Galuyot...
I work in inter-religious dialogue, specifically to help people to break their stereotypes of the `other`. I challenge those on the left who demonize the settlers, just as I do to those who say all Muslims hate us...when I know and work with moderate Muslims who put their life on the line in their own community to stand up for dialogue and living in peace with the Israelis.
So if creating a space where we can all learn to see the humanity in the `other`, `kol ben adam nivra b`tselem elokim` makes me 'unstable' and is "crazy and mixed up" then I`m guilty...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home