Friday, October 10, 2008

Quotes Update

Give me Quotes now!



Adlai Ewing Stevenson


Nature is neutral. Man has wrested from nature the power to make the world a desert or to make the deserts bloom. There is no evil in the atom only in men's souls.

Walter Frederick Mondale


I said I didn't want to spend most of my life in Holidays Inns, but I've checked and they've all been redecorated. They're marvelous places to stay and I've thought it over and that's where I'd like to be.

William Seward Burroughs


In the U.S. you have to be a deviant or exist in extreme boredom...Make no mistake all intellectuals are deviants in the U.S.

George Orwell


No doubt alcohol, tobacco, and so forth, are things that a saint must avoid, but sainthood is a thing that human beings must avoid.

William Adams


Faith is a continuation of reason.

Albert Schweitzer


As we acquire more knowldege, things do not become more comprehensible, but more mysterious.

Alexander Hamilton


Men give me credit for some genius. All the genius I have lies in this when I have a subject in hand, I study it profoundly. Day and night it is before me. My mind becomes pervaded with it. Then the effort that I have made is what people are pleased to call the fruit of genius. It is the fruit of labor and thought.

Elbert Hubbard


Optimism is a kind of heart stimulant--the digitalis of failure.

Booker T. Washington


There is no power on earth that can neutralize the influence of a high, simple and useful life.

More Quotes

This week's quotes from Halle Berry, Miley Cyrus and Bill Murray - Kinston Free Press

Fri, 10 Oct 2008 17:38:00 GMT
"My parents shut down Disneyland for me, so I'm good for a while." - Miley Cyrus, celebrating her 16th birthday at an over-the-top Disneyland soiree. "I don't know exactly what it ...

Olympic Coins

Fri, 14 Dec 2007 03:30:35 +0000
50 USA OLYMPIC GOLD COINS
US $34,900.00
click for more information








...]

Interbank Hryvnia Rate Remains At 5.0 UAH/USD - Ukrainian News

Fri, 10 Oct 2008 16:05:00 GMT
On Friday, the interbank hryvnia rate remained unchanged at 5.0 UAH/USD. According to dealers of commercial banks, at the beginning of the trading session the quotations fluctuated ...

Dog saves Trinidad man from fire, but dies shortly afterward - MSN UK News

Fri, 10 Oct 2008 23:22:00 GMT
A man whose dog rescued him from a house fire in Trinidad says the animal died after running back into the burning building. The Trinidad & Tobago Express newspaper quotes Anderson ...

Icelandic crown, money market trade dries up - dealers - Guardian Unlimited

Fri, 10 Oct 2008 11:40:00 GMT
LONDON, Oct 10 (Reuters) - Icelandic financial markets ground to a halt on Friday as traders reported hardly any trades in the crown currency and money markets, while the local ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home