Friday, October 03, 2008

Latest greatest Quotations

Today's Quotations:



Marcus Aurelius, Meditations � Book Six


Because a thing is difficult for you, do not therefore suppose it to be beyond mortal power. On the contrary, if anything is possible and proper for man to do, assume that it must fall within your own capacity.

Jack Handey Deep Thoughts


I think in one of my previous lives I was a mighty king, because I like people to do what I say.

Marcel Marceau


Do not the most moving moments of our lives find us all without words

George Eliot


To judge wisely, we must know how things appear to the unwise.

Leigh Hunt


Whenever evil befalls us, we ought to ask ourselves, after the first suffering, how we can turn it into good. So shall we take occasion, from one bitter root, to raise perhaps many flowers.

Alden Nowlan


The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect he becomes an adolescent the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult the day he forgives himself he becomes wise.

William Shakespeare, Epitaph on his gravestone


Cursed be he that moves my bones.

Andre Bernard Buruch


To me - old age is always ten years older than I am.

Lord Acton


Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Peter Gabriel


Deadlines are things that we pass through on the way to finishing.

Miguel de Cervantes


I drink when I have occasion, and sometimes when I have no occasion.

More Quotations

Recipes from friends - High Plains Journal

Fri, 03 Oct 2008 21:28:00 GMT
Good recipes keep popping up all over and this one popped all the way from a publication called "Middle School Madness." My niece who lives in Jordan, Minn., has loved to cook ...

Stevens, Begich camps fight over debate issue - Anchorage Daily News

Fri, 03 Oct 2008 17:39:00 GMT
The Begich and Stevens campaigns have been at war the last couple of days over a debate challenge issued by the Begich camp. Begich said Stevens was refusing to agree to a face-off ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home