Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Great Quotes

Quotes:



E. M. Cioran


Does our ferocity not derive from the fact that our instincts are all too interested in other people If we attended more to ourselves and became the center, the object of our murderous inclinations, the sum of our intolerances would diminish.

Lao Tzu


It is the Vague and Elusive. Meet it and you will not see its head. Follow it and you will not see its back.

William James


The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.

Oriana Fallaci


Henry Kissinger may have wished I had presented him as a combination of Charles DeGaulle and Disraeli, but I didn't. . .out of respect for DeGaulle and Disraeli. I described him as a cowboy because thats how he described himself. If I were a cowboy I would be offended.

Caleb Carr


So if it seems that some of what I'll have to say in the pages to come doesn't reflect the mellowing of age, that's only because I've never found that life and memories respond to time the way that tobacco does.

Bertrand Russell


The good life, as I conceive it, is a happy life. I do not mean that if you are good you will be happy - I mean that if you are happy you will be good.

Sophocles


How dreadful knowledge of the truth can be When there's no help in truth

Emily Elizabeth Dickinson


I imagine, therefore I belong and am free.

More Quotes

Natalie Portman single again - News.com.au

Wed, 24 Sep 2008 21:53:00 GMT
NATALIE Portman is on the market again after splitting from her musician boyfriend Devendra Banhart. The couple met when she was shooting a Blooywood video for his Carmensita song. The couple got together in March 2008, but Contact Music reports that ...

Ex-Thai PM Samak gets 2-year term for defamation - Forbes

Thu, 25 Sep 2008 04:27:00 GMT
BANGKOK, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Thailand's Court of Appeals confirmed a two-year jail term for defamation on ex-Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej, who stepped down earlier this month after another court found him guilty of a conflict of interest. A judge ...

He Read, She Read: A Lover Of Words Spends A Year In Dictionary ... - Daily News-Record

Thu, 25 Sep 2008 04:05:00 GMT
Shortly after Richard and I began writing "He Read, She Read" for the Daily News-Record, I chose to review a book by Simon Winchester called "The Meaning of Everything: The Story of the Oxford English Dictionary." That book, published in 2003 ...

Quotations of the day - International Herald Tribune

Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:47:00 GMT
"American empire in the world is reaching the end of its road, and its next rulers must limit their interference to their own borders." — Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad speaking before the UN General Assembly. "As the 21st century unfolds ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home