Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Latest Quotations

Check out these Quotations:



Geoffrey Gorer


The trouble with my wife is that she is a whore in the kitchen and a cook in the bed.

Robert E. Lee, Conversation with Gen. Longstreet


To be a good soldier, you must love the army. To be a good commander, you must be willing to order the death of the thing you love.

Mary Kay Ash


Give yourself something to work toward--constantly.

Sir Francis Bacon


If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end in doubts; but if he will be content to begin with doubts he shall end in certainties.

Andrew Schneider


Despite everything I've achieved in my life, the culinary awards, the military commendations, the honorary degrees, I have never, ever lost sight of what's truly important. The thing that gives meaning to these triumphs. Someone to share them with. A companion. A help mate. A wife.

S. I. Hayakawa


In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish.

Terence


I am a man I hold that nothing human is alien to me.

King Stanislas I of Poland


To believe with certainty we must begin by doubting.

Dante Alighieri


There's not the least thing can be said or done, but people will talk and find fault.

Luther Standing Bear


Civilization has been thrust upon me... and it has not added one whit to my love for truth, honesty, and generosity.

La Rochefoucauld


We are never so happy or unhappy as we think.

More Quotations

ADVISORY-Deutsche Bank mortgage item withdrawn - Forbes

Tue, 23 Sep 2008 07:21:00 GMT
Copyright Thomson Financial News Limited 2008. All rights reserved. The copying, republication or redistribution of Thomson Financial News Content, including by framing or similar ...

Reading Films - Egypt Today

Tue, 23 Sep 2008 00:33:00 GMT
Reading movie magazines may be my greatest vice — a habit as hard to kick as smoking. But how can I resist? They carry interesting interviews with actors, actresses and ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home