Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Great Famous Quotes

Straight to the Famous Quotes ...



Ursula K. LeGuin


I certainly wasn't happy. Happiness has to do with reason, and only reason earns it. What I was given was the thing you can't earn, and can't keep, and often don't even recognize at the time I mean joy.

Cecil Baxter


You don't get anything clean without getting something else dirty.

Francis Bacon


Believe not much them that seem to despise riches, for they despise them that despair of them.

Virgil, Aeneid


Whatever it is, I fear Greeks even when they bring gifts.

Martin Luther King, Jr.


It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can stop him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important.

"Malcom X" ( 1964), The Atobiograghy of Malcom X


Yes, I have cherished my "demagogue" role. I know that societies often have killed the people who have helped to change those societies. And if I can die having bought any light, having exposed any meaningful truth that will help to destroy the racist cancer that is maligant in the body of America - then, all of the credit is due to Allah. Only the mistakes have been mine.

John Cage


I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones.

Jeff Marder


We live in an age when pizza gets to your home before the police.

Wilbur Wright


It is possible to fly without motors, but not without knowledge and skill.

Roger Zelazny


I don't know that I ever wanted greatness, on its own. It seems rather like wanting to be an engineer, rather than wanting to design something--or wanting to be a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip.

More Quotations

Work to continue on Avon recreation center - Morning Journal

Tue, 29 Apr 2008 04:10:00 GMT
AVON -- Construction of a new Avon YMCA recreation center and minor league baseball park can soon begin following the passage last night by City Council of an ordinance for the ...

Converts need not inform family, say senior Jakim leaders - star.com.my

Mon, 28 Apr 2008 23:24:00 GMT
PETALING JAYA: Senior Islamic leaders have rejected a proposal to require non-Muslims wishing to convert to Islam to inform their family before doing so. Malaysian Islamic ...

Quotes of the week - BBC Sport

Tue, 29 Apr 2008 08:57:00 GMT
"It must be necessary for a player to bring a gun and shoot one of our men in the box for us to get a penalty." Man Utd's assistant boss Carlos Queiroz brings a whole new meaning ...

Converts need not inform family, say senior Jakim leaders - star.com.my

Mon, 28 Apr 2008 23:24:00 GMT
PETALING JAYA: Senior Islamic leaders have rejected a proposal to require non-Muslims wishing to convert to Islam to inform their family before doing so. Malaysian Islamic ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home