Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Famous Quotations Update

Give me Famous Quotations now!



Voltaire


I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

Neil Kinnock


I would die for my country, but I could never let my country die for me.

Germaine Greer


Security is when everything is settled. When nothing can happen to you. Security is the denial of life.

G.K. Chesterton


The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people.

Jerry Coleman


Mike Caldwell, the Padres' right-handed southpaw, will pitch tonight.

Thomas Paine


When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.

Miguel de Cervantes


The more thou stir it, the worse it will be.

E. M. Cioran


Does our ferocity not derive from the fact that our instincts are all too interested in other people If we attended more to ourselves and became the center, the object of our murderous inclinations, the sum of our intolerances would diminish.

Robert Pirsig


Even though quality cannot be defined, you know what quality is.

Victor Hugo


Dream no small dreams. They have no power to stir the souls of men.

John Gillespie Magee Jr., High Flight


...[I] put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home