Tuesday, April 08, 2008

More Quotations

Quotations:



Mary O'Hara


Love cannot survive if you just give it scraps of yourself, scraps of your time, scraps of your thoughts.

Sovereign


In all things there are three choices: Yes, No & no choice, except in this -- I either choose the truth or I am deceit.

Danish proverb


If I die, I forgive you If I live, we shall see.

Aesop, Hercules and the Wagoner


Put your shoulder to the wheel.

Charlotte Bronte


A ruffled mind makes a restless pillow.

H. L. Mencken


The penalty for laughing in a courtroom is six months in jail; if it were not for this penalty, the jury would never hear the evidence.

Sir Compton MacKenzie


The only mystery about the cat is why it ever decided to become a domesticated animal

Hilaire Belloc


When I am dead, I hope it is said, 'His sins were scarlet, but his books were read'.

Tertullian


He who flees will fight again...

Franklin P. Jones


Honest criticism is hard to take, particularly from a relative, a friend, an acquaintance, or a stranger.

H. L. Mencken


Men are the only animals that devote themselves, day in and day out, to making one another unhappy. It is an art like any other. Its virtuosi are called altruists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home