Friday, January 25, 2008

Today's Famous Quotes

Famous Quotes:



George Bernard Shaw


Crude classifications and false generalizations are the curse of organized life.

Frederick Buechner


The grace of God means something like Here is your life. You might never have been, but you are because the party wouldn't have been complete without you. Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid. I am with you. Nothing can ever separate us. It's for you I created the universe. I love you. There's only one catch. Like any other gift, the gift of grace can be yours only if you'll reach out and take it. Maybe being able to reach out and take it is a gift too.

Blessing Irish


At a certain age some people's minds close up they live on their intellectual fat.

Richard M. Devos


If I had to select one quality, one personal characteristic that I regard as being most highly correlated with success, whatever the field, I would pick the trait of persistence. Determination. The will to endure to the end, to get knocked down seventy times and get up off the floor saying, Here comes number seventy-one

E. B. White


I am often mad, but I would hate to be nothing but mad and I think I would lose what little value I may have as a writer if I were to refuse, as a matter of principle, to accept the warming rays of the sun, and to report them, whenever, and if ever, they happen to strike me.

Dennis Roch


If it takes a lot of words to say what you have in mind, give it more thought.

Horace


Life is largely a matter of expectation.

William Shakespeare


This above all TO THINE OWN SELF BE TRUE. And it must follow as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.

More Quotations

Key quotes on economy, Fed rate cut

Wed, 23 Jan 2008 13:58:00 GMT
Reuters - "Our policy starts with the policy that open investment is a critical driver of the U.S. economy." "The questions should be very much around whether that (sovereign wealth fund) investment in future ...

4 Lift Quotes

Fri, 11 Jan 2008 21:11:00 +0000
Two are better than one because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help lift him up. - Ecclesiastes 4910 Bible
I hold before you my hand with each ...]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home