Monday, January 21, 2008

Great Famous Quotations

Famous Quotations:



Old School


Frank Well, uh I guess I, deep down, am feeling a little confused. I mean, suddenly, you get married, and you're supposed to be this entirely different guy. I don't feel different. I mean, take yesterday for example. We were out at the Olive Garden for dinner, which was lovely. And uh, I happen to look over at a certain point during the meal and see a waitress taking an order, and I found myself wondering what color her underpants might be. Her panties. Uh, odds are they are probably basic white, cotton, underpants. But I sort of think well maybe they're silk panties, maybe it's a thong. Maybe it's something really cool that I don't even know about. You know, and uh, and I started feeling... what what I thought we were in the trust tree in the nest, were we not

Lawrence Peter Berra


How can a guy hit and think at the same time

William Congreve, Love for Love (1695)


I came upstairs into the world; for I was born in a cellar.

Henrik Ibsen


The great secret of power is never to will to do more than you can accomplish.

Tallulah Bankhead


It's the good girls who keep diaries the bad girls never have the time.

John Davidson Rockefeller, Sr.


I believe that every right implies a responsibility every opportunity an obligation every possession a duty.

Aeschylus


I would far rather be ignorant than wise in the foreboding of evil.

Cicero


Live as brave men and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts.

Dominique Bouhours


The possibilities for mobilizing the experience, imaginations, and intelligence of workers, both employed and unemployed, are limitless.

Richard Bach


Your only obligation in any lifetime is to be true to yourself. Being true to anyone else or anything else is not only impossible, but that mark of a fake messiah.

German proverb


It's not that age brings childhood back again, Age merely shows what children we remain.

George Bernard Shaw


A man never tells you anything until you contradict him.

More Quotations

Lesson Quotes

Wed, 09 Jan 2008 21:36:00 +0000
When you make a mistake, don’t look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind, and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power. - Phyllis Bottome
If someone breaks your heart, forgive them. For they have helped you ...]

Enlighten

Mon, 14 Jan 2008 21:10:00 +0000
Enlightened people seldom or never possess a sense of responsibility. - George Orwell
Sexual enlightenment is justified insofar as girls cannot learn too soon how children do not come into the world. - Karl Kraus
In order to deserve, we must pay our dues and steadily work for perfection. We must relish in struggle, and relinquish pride. ...]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home