Monday, December 01, 2008

Daily Quotes

Today's Quotes:



Aesop


A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth.

Sophocles


The ideal condition Would be, I admit, that men should be right by instinct But since we are all likely to go astray, The reasonable thing is to learn from those who can teach.

W. Somerset Maugham


The rain fell alike upon the just and upon the unjust, and for nothing was there a why and a wherefore.

Publilius Syrus


Valor grows by daring, fear by holding back.

Will Rogers


There ought to be one day-- just one-- when there is open season on senators.

Abraham Lincoln


Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them

Voltaire


May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.

Saint Jerome


To saints their very slumber is a prayer.

More Quotations

Quotes of the week - Argus Leader

Mon, 01 Dec 2008 07:54:00 GMT
Four out of every five students graduating from college in South Dakota have loan debt. No state has a higher percentage. By the time he graduates from Augustana College, Isaac ...

Alice Schroeder's "The Snowball": Wisdom from Buffett's Biography - Seekingalpha.com

Sun, 30 Nov 2008 13:03:00 GMT
“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces up, and snow is exhilarating. There is no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” - John ...

Zimbabwe's government defies court on land reform - Seattle Post Intelligencer

Mon, 01 Dec 2008 10:38:00 GMT
HARARE, Zimbabwe -- Zimbabwe's state newspaper says the government rejects a regional court ruling calling for it to halt its policy of land seizures. Monda's Herald quotes lands ...

Quotations of the day - International Herald Tribune

Mon, 01 Dec 2008 10:10:00 GMT
"I feel totally insecure. I'm very scared, but what can you do? I must go to work." — Rajendra Shah, an insurance agent returning to work in Mumbai after last week's three-day ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home