Thursday, October 30, 2008

More Quotations

Straight to the Quotations ...



The Rock


I never wanted to be the biggest guy. I just wanted to be the best.

Germaine Greer


Security is when everything is settled. When nothing can happen to you. Security is the denial of life.

John Gillespie Magee Jr., High Flight


...[I] put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

George Bernard Shaw


A man never tells you anything until you contradict him.

Thomas Paine


When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.

Oprah Winfrey


Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did it or not.

Jillian Graham, Chicken Soup for the Preteen Soul


Never let a stain from the past put a mark on your future.

Clare Booth Luce


They say that women talk too much. If you have worked in congress you know that the filibuster was invented by men.

William James


The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.

Lao Tzu


It is the Vague and Elusive. Meet it and you will not see its head. Follow it and you will not see its back.

Neil Kinnock


I would die for my country, but I could never let my country die for me.

J. R. R. Tolkien, The Hobbit


What do you mean? Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good on this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?

More Quotes

Klare Worte zu Ospel - Neue Zürcher Zeitung

Sun, 10 Aug 2008 23:01:00 GMT
Von der Bankenaufsicht bis zum Finanzminister: Der Rücktritt von UBS-Präsident Marcel Ospel findet überall Zustimmung. Die jüngsten Entwicklungen bei der Grossbank im ...

January 31, 2005 - Ployer

Sat, 16 Aug 2008 12:17:00 GMT
BrandChannel readers have picked the top global brands for 2004 in Brandchannel's fourth annual Readers' Choice Awards. This year's winning brands include Apple, Sony, Pixar, Ikea ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home