Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Quotations Update

Today's Quotations:



Barbara Sher


Every single one of us can do things that no one else can do -- can love things that no one else can love. We are like violins. We can be used for doorstops, or we can make music. You know what to do.

Saint Francis of Assisi


Preach the gospel at all times -- If necessary, use words.

Hardy D. Jackson


Above all be true to yourself, and if you can not put your heart in it, take yourself out of it.

Francis Bacon, Essays (1625)


Children sweeten labours, but they make misfortunes more bitter.

J. R.R. Tolkien, Spoken by Gandalf


He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom.

Sir Isaac Newton, Epitaph


I do not know what I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself in finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean lay all undiscovered before me.

Japanese Proverb


The nail that sticks out is hammered down.

Nathaniel Hawthorne


Happiness is as a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but which if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.

George Ade


'Whom are you' he asked, for he had attended business college.

Lyndon B. Johnson


To conclude that women are unfitted to the task of our historic society seems to me the equivalent of closing male eyes to female facts.

Rush Hour


Carter This is the United States of James Carter here. I'm the president, I'm the emperor, I'm the king. I'm Michael Jackson, you Tito

William Shakespeare


I must be cruel, only to be kind Thus bad begins, and worse remains behind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home