Thursday, January 31, 2008

Latest greatest Famous Quotes

Today's Famous Quotes:



William Shakespeare


Alas, poor Yorick I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy...

Charles Dickens, A Tale Of Two Cities


It is a far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.

Elain Heffner, O Magazine, May 2003


The art of mothering is to teach the art of living to children.

Unknown


Competition between individuals sets one against the other and undermines morale, but competition between organizations builds morale and encourages creativity.

Bill Bulko


Artificial Intelligence: the art of making computers that behave like the ones in movies

Mark Twain


When I was a child people simply looked about them and were moderately happy today they peer beyond the seven seas, bury themselves waist deep in tidings, and by and large what they see and hear makes them unutterably sad.

Sydney Smith


To do anything in this world worth doing, we must not stand back shivering and thinking of the cold and danger, but jump in, and scramble through as well as we can.

Bill Maher


We have the Bill of Rights. What we need is a Bill of Responsibilities.

Ayn Rand


Civilization is the process of setting man free from men.

Albert Szent-Gyorgyi, The Crazy Ape


When I received the Nobel Prize, the only big lump sum of money I have ever seen, I had to do something with it. The easiest way to drop this hot potato was to invest it, to buy shares. I knew that World War II was coming and I was afraid that if I had shares which rise in case of war, I would wish for war. So I asked my agent to buy shares which go down in the event of war. This he did. I lost my money and saved my soul.

Hesiod


Do not seek evil gains; evil gains are the equivalent of disaster.

More Quotes

FACTBOX-Quotes from Republican presidential debate (AlertNet)

Thu, 31 Jan 2008 03:46:41 GMT
Source: Reuters Jan 30 (Reuters) - Republican presidential front-runner John McCain and his chief rival Mitt Romney clashed over Iraq and their conservative credentials during a debate on Wednesday in California at ...

USDA Chicago Terminal Grain - Jan 30 (INO News)

Wed, 30 Jan 2008 20:58:44 GMT
GX_GR110 Springfield, IL Wed, Jan 30, 2008 USDA-IL Market News Chicago terminal grain report To Arrive Truck and Rail Bids for Grain Delivered to Chicago. The following quotations represent Bids ($/ bu) from Terminal Elevators, Processors, Mills, and Merchandisers after 1:30 p.m. today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home